Bartender - Leavenworth
The Mill Coffee & Tea is a small-batch, craft coffee roaster with espresso bar. tea, craft beer, cocktails, and wine houses located in Lincoln, Nebraska. Since our first store in 1975, The Mill’s mission has been to provide great food and beverages in a warm, welcoming environment.
Our mission at The Mill Coffee and Tea is to provide exceptional products, service, and value, and to do so in a way that reflects our values as a positive member of both our social and business communities.
At The Mill, our business values are a direct reflection of our personal values. We believe that honesty, integrity, respectful relationships, and productive work are essential components of a healthy and happy life. We strive to employ these traits within our business by conducting ourselves in accordance with them. We expect all members of our company to not only uphold these values in our business, but to demonstrate them at every opportunity in how they perform their work.
A Mill bartender is responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. They are also responsible for educating customers about our bar offerings. The bartender fulfills any other duties the store manager, bar manager, or assistant manager assigns and represents The Mill Coffee & Tea in a professional manner.
- Operating a full-service bar.
- Works a minimum of three shifts each week.
- Provides excellent customer service to all patrons of The Mill.
- Verify identification and age requirements of customers according to state requirements
- Mix traditional and creative cocktails following all Mill drink recipes and procedures.
- Process payment from customers accurately
- Maintains clean glasses and bar utensils
- Make suggestions based on customer tastes and preferences
- Open and maintain tabs throughout their shift and close.
- Build a rapport with regular customers to create a positive atmosphere
- Respects and appreciates fellow staff.
- Ensures that all customers are educated on our products and services.
- Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards.
- Follows The Mill’s procedures as posted on store boards, the Book of Truth, and Mill Training Manual.
- Attends training sessions and all Mill meetings as scheduled.
- Restocks bar area daily.
- Routinely cleans the bar area, floor, and takes out trash, etc.
- Greets all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service and develops a rapport with customers by learning their names, favorite drinks, and food items.
- Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations.
- Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and counts back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Answers customer questions regarding Mill products
- Adheres to State Alcohol procedures, and City Health Codes as they apply to The Mill.
- Actively participates in Mill activities, make menu or specials suggestions, gives feedback to peers, attend Mill-related events.
- Mixology, beer, and wine experience preferred
- Must be available to work weekends and special events.
- Passes and maintains an active Food Servers Permit and Alcohol Seller’s Permit through the Lancaster Health Department.
- It is important to demonstrate excellent, consistent customer service skills that display enthusiasm and energy.
- Well-organized and detail oriented.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds.
Work Hours & Benefits
The Mill offers great pay in a fun, healthy environment, a Simple IRA (Individual Retirement Account) plan, and store-wide discounts. This is a tipped position.
Typical work hours are 2pm – 11pm.