Store Manager - Leavenworth
The Mill Coffee & Tea is a small-batch, craft coffee roaster with an espresso bar, tea, craft beer, cocktails, and wine houses located in Lincoln, Nebraska. Since our first store in 1975, The Mill’s mission has been to provide great food and beverages in a warm, welcoming environment.
Our mission at The Mill Coffee and Tea is to provide exceptional products, service and value, and to do so in a way that reflects our values as a positive member of both our social and business communities.
At The Mill, our business values are a direct reflection of our personal values. We believe that honesty, integrity, respectful relationships, and productive work are essential components of a healthy and happy life. We strive to employ these traits within our business by conducting ourselves in accordance with them. We expect all members of our company to not only uphold these values in our business, but to demonstrate them at every opportunity in how they perform their work.
A Mill store manager is responsible for leading all team members in the efficient and profitable operation of The Mill Coffee & Tea. They are responsible for managing the day-to-day store operations, maintaining high store standards and conditions, and fostering a positive environment, which provides consistent fast, efficient, and friendly service. The store manager creates the tone and personality of the store by being an advocate of training, customer service, product knowledge and education, encouraging safe work practices, and a demonstrated commitment to The Mill’s policies and guidelines.
- Ensures proper team member coverage, scheduling according to the needs of The Mill while maintaining target labor costs.
- Able to perform all POS (Point of Sale) duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures, coordinating with the owners and other management, as necessary.
- Maintains a clean well-merchandised store, following visual presentation, plans, and standards.
- Identifies staffing, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training needs of qualified candidates.
- Facilitates on-going training and development of current staff.
- Keep track of staff concerns per Mill policies, identifying those exceeding or failing to meet expectations.
- Documents accidents, conducts initial investigation, and determination of root cause in the interest of maintaining a safe work environment.
- Pro-active in solving customer problems and satisfying customers in various situations.
- Consistently monitors, coaches, and encourages team members to meet The Mill’s service standards.
- Ensures that all team members provide customers with efficient, friendly, superior service on a consistent basis.
- Maintains high cleanliness standards consistently throughout the store in the areas of store appearance, merchandise, and equipment.
- Ensures that all Mill drink recipes and procedures are followed, maintaining the highest quality and consistent product standards.
- Ensures that all Mill food offerings maintain the highest quality.
- Ensures that all team members are educated on our products and services through on-going in-store training.
- Builds morale and team spirit by fostering a work environment where team members input is encouraged and valued.
- Ensures each team member has received proper training to perform as a barista or shift supervisor efficiently.
- Continually develops team members, establishing specific performance objectives, and measuring team member performance regularly.
- Coaches and counsels team members for improved performance, documenting developmental plans, as necessary.
- 2-3 years retail management experience preferred.
- Proficient on a computer; familiar with software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings and special events.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task.
- Must have effective problem solving/decision making abilities.
- This position will require frequent standing and use of hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift to 30lbs and frequently bend and twist from the waist.
- Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
Work Hours & Benefits :
The Mill offers paid time off and the opportunity for bonuses for full-time, permanent staff as well as a Simple IRA (Individual Retirement Account) plan, and store-wide discounts.
Typical work hours are 8-hour shifts during open hours of 6am – 11pm, working and overseeing an overall staff of 45, depending on the level of business achieved.