Kitchen Manager - Lincoln
The Mill Coffee & Tea is a coffee roaster, retail operator and online retailer headquartered in Lincoln, Nebraska. Since our founding The Mill has had a passion for quality, developing our staff around rewarding challenges, and for being the common ground for everyone to feel truly welcome. If you believe in a place that embraces our community to include all race and gender - come join The Mill team. We’re always searching for motivated people to join us in our retail cafes and at our Haymarket headquarters. We’re especially interested if you love spending as much time as possible drinking coffee, feel more at home in a coffee shop than an office, and have a passion for something greater. We welcome and encourage people who are authentic, kind, passionate and love coffee.
Our mission at The Mill Coffee and Tea is to provide exceptional products, service and value, and to do so in a way that reflects our values as a positive member of both our social and business communities.
At The Mill, our business values are a direct reflection of our personal values. We believe that honesty, integrity, respectful relationships, and productive work are essential components of a healthy and happy life. We strive to employ these traits within our business by conducting ourselves in accordance with them. We expect all members of our company to not only uphold these values in our business, but to demonstrate them at every opportunity in how they perform their work.
As part of the management team; oversees production, service, inventory, and organization. Has responsibility for purchasing of food and supplies, food preparation, and sanitation. Utilizes standardized procedures for use of recipes, production records, sanitation and other processes and ensures that team members also follow standards. Participates in the planning and execution of special events. Trains and oversees staff to ensure high quality standards are met on a daily basis.
- Manages assigned functions of the food service department and resources.
- Demonstrates a strong focus on customer satisfaction and quality.
- Interviewing, training, disciplinary actions, competency reviews, staffing and attending appropriate meetings.
- Guides the creation and execution of new menu items, in collaboration with managers and ownership.
- Works alongside team members to execute food preparation.
- Develops rapport with managers and staff in other departments and stores.
- Frequently visits all stores to ensure all staff are handling food correctly and hearing concerns or suggestions.
- Accurately assesses and responds quickly to store manager concerns.
- Coaches team members daily on the importance of accurate, excellent work.
- Reviews and implements Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement programs.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience progressive food service management or supervisory experience.
- Associate degree in culinary or hospitality-related field preferred.
- Chef experience highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to organize workloads and meet time deadlines.
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office suite applications.
Work Hours & Benefits :
The Mill offers paid time off and the opportunity for bonuses for full-time, permanent staff as well as a Simple IRA (Individual Retirement Account) plan, and store-wide discounts.
Pay: starting $40,000 full-time
We will carefully review your application and respond personally to applicants that best match the qualifications for the open positions. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sexual orientation (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state or local law. The Mill Coffee & Tea is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.