Assistant Manager - Leavenworth
The Mill Coffee & Tea is a small-batch, craft coffee roaster with an espresso bar, tea, craft beer, cocktails, and wine houses located in Lincoln, Nebraska. Since our first store in 1975, The Mill’s mission has been to provide great food and beverages in a warm, welcoming environment.
Our mission at The Mill Coffee and Tea is to provide exceptional products, service and value, and to do so in a way that reflects our values as a positive member of both our social and business communities.
At The Mill, our business values are a direct reflection of our personal values. We believe that honesty, integrity, respectful relationships, and productive work are essential components of a healthy and happy life. We strive to employ these traits within our business by conducting ourselves in accordance with them. We expect all members of our company to not only uphold these values in our business, but to demonstrate them at every opportunity in how they perform their work.
The Assistant Manager assists the Store Manager in running an efficient and profitable operation of The Mill Coffee & Tea store. They are responsible for ensuring that the store meets The Mill standards in sales, staffing, product quality, visual merchandising, and operations. The assistant manager assists the Store Manager with the goal of providing customers with excellent, quality products and fast, friendly service. This position enforces all procedures in the absence of the Store Manager and coordinates, as necessary, with management. They will be expected to have significant product knowledge and demonstrate positive, friendly, and courteous customer service, as well as be able to demonstrate a commitment to The Mill’s policies and guidelines.
- Assists in managing day-to-day operations of the store with a can-do, self-starter attitude.
- Inspires and motivates a positive internal environment.
- Ensures that all team members are educated on our products and services, through on-going in-store training.
- Act as an on-duty representative for the store with both staff and customers to enforce Mill policies, circling back with upper management as needed for guidance, support, or feedback.
- Assists Store Manager in planning and executing sales promotions and maintaining a positive community image.
- Ensures that the store has sufficient products, merchandise, and supplies needed to manage an efficient store.
- Delegates duties, as necessary, to shift supervisors and baristas.
- Ensures that the store, backroom, and equipment are maintained in a safe and clean manner.
- Assists store manager in writing a weekly schedule according to labor guidelines and considers any fluctuations in sales due to holidays or local events.
- Informs the Store Manager of any operational inconsistencies, employee incidents, accidents, potential safety hazards, or any unusual or pertinent events.
- Is the Role Model for outstanding service and “owner” of the service initiative at their store.
- Pro-active in solving customer problems and satisfying customers in various situations.
- Ensures that all team members provide customers with efficient and friendly, superior service on a consistent basis.
- Monitors coaches and encourages team members to exceed the customer’s expectations through the team’s execution of operations, processes, recipes, and knowledge.
- Minimum one year retail experience, preferably with a specialty coffee store. Assistant management in a specialty store or food establishment preferred. Point of sale and cash handling experience.
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings and special events.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task. Must have effective problem solving/decision making abilities.
- This position will require frequent standing and use of hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift to 30lbs and frequently bend and twist from the waist.
Work Hours & Benefits:
- The Mill offers paid time off and the opportunity for bonuses for full-time, permanent staff as well as a Simple IRA (Individual Retirement Account) plan, and store-wide discounts.
- Typical work hours are 8-hour shifts during open hours of 6am – 11pm, working and overseeing an overall staff of 45, depending on the level of business achieved.